Red Ribbon Campus Activities
Richland High School
Mark Ashley, Contacts
Monday (Theme: “Peace Out To Drugs!”)
- Students and staff will be encouraged to dress up as hippies with the theme of finding peace in who you are not in drugs.
- Throughout the week, students may sign a pledge to be displayed outside of main gym.
- Student Council members will create a video of students giving reasons not to do drugs/alcohol for the announcements. This will be sent to teachers to upload on their Canvas pages.
Tuesday (Theme: “Be Strong and Say No To Drugs!”)
- Students and staff will be encouraged to dress as their favorite superhero to signify standing strong against drugs.
- Another video will be uploaded for teachers to use on their Canvas page.
- Student Council members will staff a table in front of the OMNI room to hand out drug/alcohol prevention material.
Wednesday (Theme: “Stay In School, Don’t Do Drugs!”)
- Students and staff will be encouraged to wear clothes representing their favorite college or university.
- Student Council members will produce another video highlighting the effects drugs and alcohol has on a student’s education.
Thursday (Theme: “Scrub Out Drugs!”)
- Students and staff will be encouraged to wear scrubs to signify drugs can be wiped out.
- Student Council members will produce a video highlighting the fight against drug abuse with ideas on how to join the fight.
Friday (Theme: Pink Out Day)
- Students and staff will be encouraged to wear red and pink to signify the importance of living a drug and alcohol free lifestyle.
- A video will be produced highlighting the history of Red Ribbon Week focusing on “What Happens Next …!”