Red Ribbon Campus Activities
Veronica Petty and Kristy Hixon, Contacts
Monday (Theme: “Be Happy, Be Drug Free!”)
- “I’m Happy and Bright and Ready to Shine!”
- Students may wear yellow.
- Classroom Activity: Each classroom will sign their virtual “We Pledge To Be Drug Free!” slide. When returned, counselors will print it and hang it outside the classrooms.
Tuesday (Theme: “Be A Hero, Be Drug Free!”)
- “I Want To Use My Skills To Help Others!”
- Students will wear a superhero or real life superhero (military, first responders) shirt.
- Classroom Activity: In the morning meetings, discuss what makes someone a hero. What character traits do students need to be considered a hero?
Wednesday (Theme: “RED-Y To Be Drug Free!”)
- “We Wear Red To Show Our Commitment To A Drug-Free Life!”
- Students may wear red.
- Classroom Activity: “Say NO To Drugs, Say YES To …!” activity. This activity may be done together as a class or individually.
Thursday (Theme: “Be On A Drug Free Team!”)
- “We Are United. We Are A Team. We Will Stick Together!”
- Students will wear their favorite team’s shirt.
- Classroom Activity: Students will draw a picture or write about activities they can participate in other than drugs. (Ex: sports, dance, family time)
Friday (Theme: “Wildcats Are Drug Free!”)
- “I’m Full of Pride for My School and Myself! I Respect Myself Too Much To Do Drugs!”
- Students will show school spirit by wearing yellow and green.
- Classroom Activity: In morning meetings, discuss how Wildcats can help others stay drug free.