Red Ribbon Campus Activities
Veronica Petty and Michell Tennison, Contacts
Monday (Theme: “You KEN Be Drug Free!”/Pink Barbie and Ken Day)
- Students and staff may wear pink/Barbie and Ken attire.
- The Red Ribbon Week Pledge will be read during the morning announcements.
- All students and staff will receive a red ribbon with the Red Ribbon Week theme.
- A banner with the pledge will be posted on the wall near the 2nd grade restrooms for all to sign.
- There will be a “Don’t Get Bullied Into Drugs!” presentation.
Tuesday (Theme: “Put A Cap On Drugs!”/Hat or Cap Day)
- Students and staff may wear a hat or a cap.
- Students will receive a coloring page to complete as a class activity.
- A Guessing Jar will be placed in the hallway with the slogan “I’m Not Guessing…I Know I Won’t Do Drugs!” Students and teachers agree on a number of red items in the jar and submit answers by Friday. Winners of a prize will be announced on Friday.
Wednesday (Theme: “RED-Y To Be Drug Free!”/Red Day)
- Students and staff may wear red.
- There will be links in each teacher’s mailbox for the class to make a chain link. The chain link will be picked up to make a long chain.
Thursday (Theme: “Say NO To Drugs, Say YES To Activity!”/Athletic Day)
- Students and staff may wear athletic attire.
- In morning meeting, students will discuss what activities they can participate in other than drugs. (Ex: Sports, dance, family time.)
- The campus will record “Be Kind To Your Mind!” rap song.
Friday (Theme: “Sock It To Drugs And Live Drug Free!”/ Sock Day)
- Students and staff may wear crazy, colorful or unusual school appropriate socks.
- Students will receive a word puzzle or a coloring page as a class activity.
- The recorded rap song will be played at the Friday lunch.
- The winner of the Estimation of the Guessing Jar will be announced.