Red Ribbon Campus Activities
North Richland Middle
Rylee Slade-Townsend, Contact
Monday (Theme: “Leave Drugs In The Past!”/Decade Day)
- All students and staff will receive a red ribbon.
- Students and staff may dress like a different decade.
- There will be a lesson on “The When and Why of the Creation of Red Ribbon Week” – Brainiac Challenge, DEA. (Website: www.getsmartaboutdrugs.gov and https://www.dea.gov/red-ribbon/kiki-red-ribbon-history)
Tuesday (Theme: “Two Good For Drugs!”/Twin Day)
- Students and staff may match their outfit with a partner to look like twins.
- There will be a lesson on Mindmatters: How Drugs Work In The Brain 30 Second Videos: How Does The Brain Work, How Do Drugs Work In The Brain, and Why Do They Continue Taking It, If It’s Bad. (CharacterStrong Lesson)
Wednesday (Theme: “We Are Too Bright For Drugs!”/Neon Day)
- Students and staff may wear their neon or bright colored attire.
- There will be a lesson on Mindmatters: The Long-Term Effects of Drugs and What If Someone I Know Needs Help.
Thursday (Theme: “No Drugs In My House/Colors Day!”)
- Students and staff may wear attire in their house colors. (S-Green/T-Blue/E-Red/M-Orange)
- There will be a lesson on Fentanyl Facts.
Friday (Theme: “Show You Care, Be Aware!”/Pink Out Day)
- Students and staff may wear their pink attire.
- There will be a lesson on “Wrapping Up on Drugs!”
- Students will be given an opportunity to make a pledge to “Stay Drug Free!”