Birdville ISD Employee Benefits
Your Benefit Plans Are Here to Help You Through COVID-19
Below you will find information detailing how each of BISD's health plans is helping with COVID-19. Keep reading for great resources.
ActiveCare 1-HD, ActiveCare Select, and ActiveCare2
Aetna and CVS Caremark will provide the following to all participants:
- Waived costs for all diagnostic testing of COVID-19 for patients who meet CDC guidelines (ask your provider to make sure you qualify).
- $0 TRS Virtual Health Visits Through Teladoc visits for any health need.
- Care packages (if you or your family members contract COVID-19)—containing over-the-counter medications to alleviate symptoms, and household cleaning supplies to help protect other household members from possible exposure. If you are eligible for this benefit, please contact Aetna.
- Refills for maintenance medications before a 30-day prescription is up (strongly encouraged).
- Free home delivery of all prescription medications. See CVS pharmacy FAQ for more details.
- Access to the following CVS Health programs:
- Crisis Response Lines for participants who may be experiencing anxiety related to COVID-19 (coming soon).
- Expanded 24/7 access to the Aetna Nurse Medical Line.
- Resources for LivingSM toolkit with materials specifically developed for members experiencing anxiety related to COVID-19. For more information, contact the Aetna Resources for Living at 1-833-327-2386.
- CVS Health has activated a process to allow for 10-day overrides, when appropriate, for members in areas where a Declaration of Emergency has been issued.
Scott and White HMO
The Scott and White HMO will provide the following to all participants:
- $0 Copay for eVisits and Other Benefit Updates. Currently, we are waiving all member out-of-pocket copay and cost-sharing for Telemedicine eVisits.
- No-Cost COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire. We are also now offering a convenient COVID-19 screening questionnaire at no cost through MyBSWHealth. You can access the screening questionnaire in MyBSWHealth now on the web or in the mobile app. To install the app on your mobile device, simply visit My.BSWHealth.com/download or text BETTER to 88408 to have it sent to your phone.
To ensure your visit will be properly processed according to your insurance plan:
Link your “SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH PLAN” account in the MyBSWHealth app
- Tap the gear icon (top right corner of app welcome screen)
- Tap “Manage Linked Accounts”
Link your "SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH PLAN" account at MyBSWHealth.com
- Go to “Settings” in the left navigation menu
- Select “Linked Accounts and Devices”
Telehealth through MDLive
The service is at no cost to you or your immediate family memebers covered my the district, and does not require enrollment in a medical plan. MDLive physicians are available for consult via phone, mobile app, or video and can diagnose routine illnesses such as colds, allergies, rashes, ear infections, etc. For more information on MDLive, please visit the district's benefits portal here. When creating your account, please report your employer as Financial Benefit Services (FBS), not Birdville.
Please note: MDLIVE doctors cannot currently order tests for COVID-19.
Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (DCA)
A change in cost of daycare is considered a qualifying event for Dependent Care Spending Accounts (DCA). As an employee enrolled in a DCA, this means that if you have experienced a daycare closure due to COVID19, you may change your contributions to $0 for the time being. Once childcare centers open and that ‘change in cost’ happens again, you may begin the contributions again.
Mental Health Support
Employee Assistance (EAP)
The District provides an Employee Assistance Program through One America at no cost to eligible employees. The program is in place to assure that employees and their families have access to receive help to resolve personal problems in an effective and confidential manner. Click here to be directed to more information on our benefits portal.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Mental Health Support Line
Texas Health and Human Services has launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress or emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to view the flyer. For additional resources from HHS click here.
Retirement Plans (403b and 457) and the CARES Act
You may be aware that Congress has passed the Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act with provisions to positively impact retirement plan participants, including your abilit to make plan withdrawls. TCG, the 403(b) and 457 Plan Administrator for Birdville ISD, created a reference document related to the main provisions that impact your retirement plan. Click here for the reference document.
TCG would like to offer assistance with questions about the CARES Act. They have created a special email address inbox for this purpose monitored by a team of senior staff members with a thorough understanding of the CARES Act. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns and they will address them.
TCG has also created a COVID19 Resource Hub with important information for plan participants.
Finally, they are continuing to expand their TeleWealth Virtual Consultation program to accommodate more appointments as your financial questions arise.