PREVENTATIVE AND WELLNESS SERVICES
Birdville ISD provides a number of wellness initiatives throughout the year geared toward improving various areas of wellness including onsite vaccinations, stress and time management, health coaching, and more! Information about the district’s current wellness initiative can be found below. All employees are eligible to participate in the wellness initiatives, regardless of part or full-time status, or enrollment in other benefits.
The Fall 2021 Wellness Campaign is here with a great tumbler and playing cards for all participants! Enrollments must be received by Friday, Setpember 17th to ensure your prize. You may enroll using the online registration link (click here), or submit a paper sign-up sheet (click here) to Susan Dippolito via interoffice mail or by email to email@example.com. Multiple individuals may register on one sign up sheet, so gather your co-workers. Materials can be found below.
Onsite Services and Off Site Walk-In Clinics
The district may offer a number of on-site clinics including flu vaccines and B-12/lipotropic shots, dental cleanings, etc. throughout the year. As the schedule for clinics becomes available, it will be emailed as well as posted on this page.
Though flu vaccines are covered as preventative services through your medical plan, the on-site clinic only accepts the TRS/BCBS ActiveCare plans. The flu vaccine is still covered under the Scott & White HMO, but must be done at a walk in clinic or at your provider’s office.
There are a number of walk in clinics available for vaccines and to treat minor illnesses, injuries, physicals, screenings and monitoring for chronic conditions. To find a walk in clinic for your plan, use the following:
TRS ActiveCare Primary, Primary+, 2, and HD plans:
- Select your plan
- enter your City or Zip Code
- Click on Browse by Catagory/Medical Care/Diagnostice and Other Medical Services/Retail Health Provder - This will give you a listing of the clinics where you can receive your flu shot free of charge.
Scott & White HMO:
- Select Member Type “Commercial” from the drop down menu.
- Select Plan “TRS – Active Care Participants Network” from the drop down menu.
- Enter your Zip Code and click on “Walk-In Clinic” from the drop down menu, and click search. This will give you a listing of the clinics where you can receive your flu shot free of charge.
TRS ActiveCare Wellness
Staying healthy is more important than ever. TRS ActiveCare Wellness Resources include mental health care; discount programs on gym memberships, weight management programs, natural products, etc.; Access to tobacco succession programs; 24-hour nurse information line; preventative care alerts; maternity programs, and much more! Wellness tools as a part of your TRS-ActiveCare covarge include:
ActiveCare plans with Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Texas
- TRS Virtual Health gives participants access to board-certified doctors over the phone or online to treat minor medical and mental health conditions or get a prescription filled.
- The interactive Well onTarget®program provides personalized tools and resources to help participants get and stay healthy, on their schedule.
- The BCBS fitness program offers gym memberships at a range of discounted monthly rates. See the flyer here.
- Participants can call the 24/7 Nurseline at 1-833-968-1770 with questions about fevers, burns and other minor health issues.
- TRS-ActiveCare coverage includes mental health benefits for help with conditions like depression, anxiety and stress. Talk to a personal health guide, number below, for information.
- Apps from Ovia Health®provide help from fertility to pregnancy to parenting. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas’ (BCBSTX) maternity specialists also offer personal support for high-risk pregnancies.
- Health advisors may call to support participants after an injury, surgery, serious illness or hospital stay.
- Personal Health Guides are also available at 1-866-355-5999, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
ActiveCare plan with the Scott & White HMO
- Naturally Slim® is available at NO COST to TRS members. For additional information about Naturally Slim, visit naturallyslim.com/TRSSWHP
- The Scott and White HMO offers a number of virtual care options. For additional information please click here.
- Expecting the Best® Maternity Program can help expectant mothers enjoy a healthy pregnancy. Click here and scroll down for more information.
Mental Health and Counseling Services
Both the district Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and TRS Active Care provide access to mental health and counseling services. Don't forget the EAP is free to use for up to 3 face to face visits. More information can be found at the websites below:
EAP (One America) - http://www.mybenefitshub.com/birdvilleisd/2020-2021/Benefit/OneAmerica/EAP
TRS ActiveCare (BCBS) - https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/healthcare-news-2020-21-trs-activecare-plan.aspx