Injuries happen in sports. Unfortunately without insurance major injuries can get expensive. We would like you to be prepared for when your child gets injured and needs medical attention.
The school district does not purchase insurance for school injuries or athletic injuries. You assume all liability by allowing your student athlete to participate and by signing the required Emergency Information sheet. There are options though! Below is information about insurance policies available for you to purchase.
Student Accident Insurance – The Hartford Group
- Available to all students enrolled in BISD.
- Available options (one time payments, prices may vary. Please contact the company for exact costs)
- School Time Coverage ‐ $40.00
- Optional Football Coverage ‐ $230.00
- 24 hour Coverage ‐ $125.00
- Extended Dental Benefit ‐ $8.00
- Brochures are available in the school office
- For more information please contact:
6301 Southwest Blvd, Suite 101
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Cook Children’s Health Plan
- toll free 1‐866‐971‐COOK (2665)
CHIP/ Children’s Medicaid / Texas Star Program
- toll free 1‐877‐KIDS‐NOW (1‐877‐543‐7669)