Birdville ISD's Emergency Response TeamBirdville ISD's Emergency Response Team (EMT) consists of a variety of district administrators who work together during crisis/emergency situations.
E-mail the Emergency Management Team
Birdville ISD's Emergency Response Team
Birdville ISD's Emergency Response Team (EMT) consists of a variety of district administrators who work together during crisis/emergency situations. The key members of the EMT are:
• Dr. Rick Kempe, Chairman, executive director of student services
• Skip Baskerville, associate superintendent Human Resources, Governance and Support Services
• Donna Layer, coordinator of counseling services
• Michelle Provence, coordinator of health services
• Mark Thomas, communications officer
• Randy Sumrall, executive director of technology department
Other Members Include
• John Hughes, director of building and grounds
• Dave Powers, director of transportation
• Chris Jenkins, security operation
The EMT works with local campuses and police and fire departments to prepare BISD to deal with situations that could impact one or all BISD campuses.
Each year, the EMT conducts tabletop drills to simulate various emergency situations. In addition, they work with campus administrators to conduct similar drills along with campus observations and training to assist in preparations for an emergency situation.
BISD's Emergency Response Team believes it is important to prepare. By preparing, the district has laid the foundation to better understand how people will function and react in various situations