Emergency Management Team (EMT) Team
Birdville ISD's Emergency Response Team
Birdville ISD's Emergency Response Team (EMT) consists of a variety of district administrators who work together during crisis/emergency situations. The key members of the EMT are:
- Skip Baskerville, Associate Superintendent Human Resources, Governance and Support Services
- Katie Bowman, Associate Superintendent Finance & Auxilary Services
- Joseph Showell, Chairman, Executive Director of Student Services
- LeAnn Carroll, Director of Guidance & Counseling
- Michelle Broadwater, Student Assistance Counselors & Crisis Intervention Coordinator
- Laura Holt, Director of Special Education
- Rick Kempe, Safety Consultant, Student Services
- Lorene Ownby, Executive Director of Elementary Education & Campus Support
- Clarence Simmons, Executive Director of Secondary Education & Campus Support
- David Smith, Director of Technical Services
- Willie Watkins, Safety & Security Specialist, Student Services
- Michelle Provence, Coordinator of Health Services
- Mark Thomas, Communications Officer
- Dave Lambson, Executive Director of Technology Department
- Sheri Nguyen, Director of Transportation
Other Members Include
- John Hughes, Director of Facilities Management Department
- Chris Jenkins, Security Operation
The EMT works with local campuses and police and fire departments to prepare BISD to deal with situations that could impact one or all BISD campuses.
Each year, the EMT conducts tabletop drills to simulate various emergency situations. In addition, they work with campus administrators to conduct similar drills along with campus observations and training to assist in preparations for an emergency situation.
BISD's Emergency Response Team believes it is important to prepare. By preparing, the district has laid the foundation to better understand how people will function and react in various situations.
Birdville ISD's Emergency Response TeamBirdville ISD's Emergency Response Team (EMT) consists of a variety of district administrators who work together during crisis/emergency situations.
> E-mail the Emergency Management Team