Credit by Exam Testing for Acceleration: Grades 6 - 12
The Birdville Independent School District offers students in grades 6 - 12 credit for academic subjects in which the student has received no prior instruction (EHDC LEGAL) if the student scores:
- A three or higher on a College Board advanced placement examination that has been approved by the board for the applicable course;
- A scaled score of 50 or higher on an examination administered through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and approved by the board for the applicable course; or
- Eighty percent or above on any other criterion-referenced test approved by the board for the applicable course. The Birdville ISD Board has approved use of CBE assessments from Avant Assessment for World Language Exams and the University of Texas for all other content areas.
- If a student is given credit in a subject on the basis of a CBE on which the student scored 80 percent or higher, the district will enter the examination score on the students' transcript and the student is not required to take an end-of-course assessment instrument under Education Code 39.023(c) for the course.
- A student may not attempt to earn credit by examination for a specific high school course more than two times. If a student fails to earn credit by examination for a specific high school course before the beginning of the school year in which the student would ordinarily be required to enroll in that course in accordance with the prescribed sequence, the student must satisfactorily complete the course to receive credit for the course.
- Credit by Exam testing for World Languages is a proficiency exam and will place student in appropriate level of the world language course.
If you would like to request Credit by Exam Testing for a secondary (grades 6-12) student, please contact your child's campus counselor.