2021 PSAT Testing in BISD on Jan. 26
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021*, Birdville ISD is paying for the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT) for 10th- and 11th-grade students who were unable to participate in October. Non-testers in grades 9, 10 and 12 will adhere to a 9:30 a.m. late arrival time.
NOTE: Late arrival does not apply to Shannon High School.
* If a student does not feel well on test day, they should stay home. The District is taking measures to help create a safe testing environment; however, it is critical that the aforementioned safety precautions be followed in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
IMPORTANT: STUDENT MUST COMPLETE THE PARTICIPATION & SAFETY PRE-SCREENING SURVEY TO PARTICIPATE.
When students take the PSAT/NMSQT test and say “Yes” to Student Search Service®, College Board may connect them with its scholarship partner organizations, which provide over $300 million annually in college scholarships for qualified, underserved students with financial need.
Practice with Khan Academy
Prepare with the 2020 PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide
Connect with Colleges by Opting In to Student Search Service (SSS)
Connect with Scholarships
- https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/ (NEW from College Board)
Birdville ISD’s 2020–21 PSAT/NMSQT administration regulations are guided by the College Board’s SAT weekend administration health and safety requirements.
- Students won't be allowed to enter the school without a mask, which is required for the duration of testing.
- All students and test administration staff are required to wear a mask or protective face covering.
- Student seating will adhere to social distancing guidelines during testing.
- Students who violate the requirements put in place will be dismissed from the test administration room; if this happens, scores will be canceled.
The CDC recommends taking additional precautions such as:
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, or other personal protective equipment (PPE), regular handwashing.
For additional information contact the department of Advanced Academics at 817-547-8936 or the campus PSAT Coordinators.
Birdville High School 817-547-8255
Haltom High School 817-547-6079
Richland High School 817-547-7084