BISD Graduation 2023 Quick Facts Sheet
Friday, May 26, 2023
1911 Montgomery Street, Fort Worth, Texas
Graduation times are as follows:
- Richland HS graduation begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Birdville HS graduation begins at 1:00 p.m.
- Haltom HS graduation begins at 4:00 p.m.
Arrival Time for Students (driving directly to the arena, $20 parking fee):
- RHS Students –8:30 a.m.
- BHS Students—11:30 a.m.
- HHS Students—2:30 p.m.
Bus Transportation to Dickies Arena for Students only (free of charge):
- RHS – pickup at student parking lot at 8:00 a.m. –return at 11:30 a.m.
- BHS – pickup at student parking lot at 11:00 a.m. –return at 2:30 p.m.
- HHS – pickup at student parking lot at 2:00 p.m.-- return at 5:30 p.m.
- Bags are not to exceed 12x6x12. A clear tote, small purse, small backpack, plastic storage bags and drawstring bags are acceptable if they don’t exceed this size.
- Non-approved: Bags that exceed the 12x6x12, including but not limited to backpack, oversized purse, oversized tote bag, suitcase/luggage, laptop bag, duffel bag and cooler. These non-approved bags will not be permitted inside the arena.
- Hearing Impaired attendees can view interpreters on the large video board.
- Graduates will receive their actual diploma at graduation. Graduates who do not attend may pick their diploma at their respective campus beginning on May 30th. Check campus for times.
Electronic Cigarettes or Smoking:
- The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) or smoking is not permitted within Dickies Arena at any time.
Entrance to Dickies Arena:
- Faculty and Students will enter the building at the Northeast Exhibit Entrance
- Parents and guests may use the four major public entrances at Dickies Arena:
- South Entrance: across from the Chevrolet Garage
- West Entrance: adjacent to Montgomery Lot
- North Entrance: located at Harley Avenue
- East Entrance: across Trail Drive from the Yellow Lots
- Guests seeking ADA parking are encouraged to park in the Yellow Lots on Trail Drive. Guests have access to an elevator, located to the left of the southeast circle stairs that will bring you to the Simmons Bank Plaza.
- EMT’s are available at all events to assist any guest in need. First Aid is located on the Plaza Level across from section 117. BISD nurses will also be available for emergencies.
Food and Beverage:
- Dickies will have concession stands open for graduation. No outside food and beverage are permitted. Containers such as bottles, cans, thermos, or coolers are prohibited from entering the building, with the sole exception of plastic baby bottles containing formula.
Guest Services Center:
- Guest Services is located on the main plaza concourse across from Section 117. Trained guest Services professionals are readily available to assist guest with any needs:
- Wheelchair/walking escorts
- Lost and Found
Parking for Graduation (these fees are charged and retained by Dickies Arena, not BISD):
- $20 Parking Lots:
- Chevrolet Garage, South Lot and the Yellow A, B, and C Lots
- $10 Parking Lots:
- North Harley Lot, Justin Lot, West Lot, Amon G. Carter Garage and the Western Heritage Garage
- Band & Choir Bus Parking
- South Dock to hold 4-6 buses
For the safety of all guests, Dickies prohibits the following items:
- Animals (accommodations will be made for trained, or service animals)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices/Equipment (GoPro, Camcorder/Action Camera, etc)
- Baby seat/booster seats/seat cushions/chairs or stools/strollers
- Backpacks, luggage, duffel bags, messenger/laptop bags/purses larger than 12”x12”x6” are also not permitted. Clear bags are encouraged for quicker access.
- Beach balls/balloons/frisbees/glitter or confetti
- Booster Seats/Seat Cushions
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lenses or external flash. Attached lenses must not be larger than 4” when extended
- Cans, plastic metal or glass containers (bottles and flasks). Sealed bottles are not permitted
- Clothing or garments displaying derogatory/explicit language or profanity that could be considered offensive to other guests. Gang attire is not permitted
- Coolers or ice chests
- Flammable liquids, Aerosol Cans, Spray Paint, Permanent Markers
- Laser pointers /noise making devices, air horns, whistles, bells
- Hazardous Chemicals including, but not limited to: Paint, Thinners, Lighter Fluid
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Laptop, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Mask, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Outside Food, Beverage, and Alcohol
- Patrons not wearing shoes/shirts
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Signs or banners exceeding 11”x17” or attached to a pole/stick. Signs must be relevant to the event and cannot display obscene or offensive language/pictures. Signs advertising businesses not approved by Dickes Arena management will be removed
- Skateboards/Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, HoverBoards, and Helmets
- Umbrellas, golf, non-foldable (small collapsible umbrellas are permitted if it can be placed under guest’s seat
- Solicitation of any kind – Unapproved Product Sampling, Pamphlet Distribution
- Wrapped or Sealed Packages
- Weapons of any kind
Tickets will not be issued or required for entrance to Dickie’s Arena. Currently, facemasks are optional. Seating for graduation attendees will be open seating.
For more information on Dickies Arena policies, click here.