June 24, 2019 | Vol. 42, No. 12
Summary of Actions
Approved the donations from:
- Multiple donors to BISD’s teacher of the year event;
- North Oaks PTA to North Oaks Middle School.
Approved the revised budgets for 2020–21.
Approved the 2021–22 Accelerated Instruction Budget.
Approved the 2021–22 General Fund, Child Nutrition and Debt Service budgets of $280,653,875.
Approved the Section 179D allocation to VLK Architects.
Approved the resolution for the self-certification of increased micro-purchase threshold.
Approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TCU for BISD’s participation in the College Advising Corp.
Approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Facilities Use Agreement with Tarrant County College (TCC) for the Collegiate Academy of Birdville (CAB).
Approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (JJAEP).
Approved the renewal of expedited state waivers.
Approved the TexPool Resolution naming Katie Bowman, Steve Franks, Shametra Collins, Cristina Soriano and Jissel Reyes as authorized representatives.
Approved Steve Franks, director of business, as an authorized First Public Lone Star Investment Pool representative.
A public hearing was conducted on the 2021–22 budget and tax rate.
A public hearing was conducted to discuss and hear comments on the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III Grant.
- Julie Hyman, Ed.D. – Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
- Jennifer Perry, Ed.D. – Director of Teaching and Learning
- Kinzie Morgan Mallott – Coordinator of Federal Programs
Approved the contracts for:
- PSAT 8/9 and PSAT/NMSQT from College Board;
- Contracted services and Master Interlocal Agreement for 2021–22 from Education Service Center (ESC) Region 11; and
- Produce, bread, ice cream, milk, grocery and commodity processing for the Child Nutrition Department from multiple vendors through the Multi Region Purchasing Cooperative.
Approved the renegotiated Verizon cell tower lease at Haltom Middle School.
Future Board Meeting
Thursday, July 22, 2021, Regular Board Meeting, open session at 7 p.m., Boardroom.
THE BOARD MET IN SPECIAL SESSION on June 15 and took the following action:
Announced the appointments of Charlie Ann Lokey as principal of O.H. Stowe Elementary, and Kristi T. Strickland, Ph.D., as principal of Haltom High School.
- Missy Glenn, Ed.D. – Director of Federal Programs
- Kristi Strickland, Ph.D. – Haltom High School Principal
- Charlie Ann Lokey – Stowe Elementary Principal
- Amanda Escamilla-Hopson – West Birdville Elementary assistant principal
- Courtney Katkoski – Snow Heights Elementary assistant principal
excellence | integrity | service