October 24, 2019 | Vol. 41, No. 4
Partners in Education (PIE) Recognitions
Dunkin’ Donuts and Nathan Pressler were recognized for their support of Green Valley Elementary. Each six weeks, they provide breakfast for the GATOR GREATS breakfast, as well as support for other scholar, staff and family events.
NRH20 and Stephanie Hee-Johnston were recognized for their support of Birdville ISD and the Birdville Council of PTAs Clothes Connection and Supply Depot. NRH20 has an annual school supply and shoe drive to support the Clothes Connection and Supply Depot to help families in need. The staff also provides educational classes across the District.
Summary of Actions
Approved the donations from:
- Porter Elementary PTA to Porter Elementary;
- Richland High School Dance Booster Club to Richland High School; and
- Buyers Barricades to the Automotive Technology program.
Approved Mark Thomas and Paige Curry as the superintendent’s designees to review and submit staff requests for TEA Secure Environment Access (TEASE) to the Texas Education Agency.
Approved the 2019–20 Campus Improvement Plans.
Approved the design development phase for Smithfield Elementary.
Approved budget amendments.
Approved the 2019–20 budget amendment for campus 2018–19 rollover funds.
Approved the textbook adoption committee.
Conducted a hearing for the 2017–18 Financial Integrity System of Texas (FIRST) report. BISD received the highest rating available, Superior Achievement.
Approved the bid/purchase for:
- Custodial supplies from multiple vendors; and
- Services, equipment and supplies for General Trades from multiple vendors.
Approved the contract for the construction of Haltom and Richland middle schools to Adolphson Peterson Construction. Monies for these projects will come from 2018 Bond funds.
Approved the bid/purchase for: (Monies for these projects will come from 2018 Bond funds.)
- Testing, adjusting and balancing services for Haltom and Richland middle school replacement campuses from Engineered Air Balance Company, Inc.;
- Construction materials inspection and testing services for Haltom and Richland middle school replacement campuses from Fugro USA Land, Inc.; and
- Permit fees for Haltom and Richland middle school replacement campuses.
Future Board Meeting
Thursday, November 21, 2019, Regular Board Meeting, open session at 7 p.m., Boardroom.
excellence | integrity | service