February 28, 2019 | Vol. 40, No. 8
Partners in Education Recognitions
Chris Constable, James Talkington and Tommy Townsend with American Airlines were recognized for their support of BISD and the Career and Technology Education programs. They support students by helping them to be prepared for careers in the aviation industry.
Christmas Providers was recognized for their support of BISD families in need during the holiday season. Christmas Providers has been serving BISD families for 34 years.
Mike Teague, Birdville High School swimming coach, was recognized for the boys and girls team winning District 9-5A.
Aaliyahrai Steward, Haltom High School senior, was recognized for winning the 6A girls wrestling state championship.
Daniella Seely, Haltom High School junior, was recognized for earning All-State honors at the 6A girls wrestling state tournament.
Students from Birdville, Haltom and Richland high schools were recognized for being named to the 2019 Texas All-State Band or Choir. They are: Faith Adams, Anthony Barrett, David Beavers, Harrison Caltagirone, Mireya Campos, Mateo Deleon, Brandon Ford, Zach Hills, Aaron Jett, Ryan Kloberdanz, Ethan McReynolds, Brandon Ortega, Evan Pallanes, Alyssa Perrin, Josh Pruett, Levi Richey, Jacob Schuck and Noah Strickland.
Summary of Actions
Approved the donations from:
- Association for Learning Environments to Smithfield Middle School;
- Smithfield Middle School PTA to Smithfield Middle School; and
- Upper Ninety Soccer Club to Birdville High School’s girls soccer program.
Approved the change in the date of the BISD Board of Trustees meeting in June to Thursday, June 20 at 7 p.m. This change will allow departments to finalize fiscal year-end before the end of the month.
Approved the Superintendent to negotiate and finalize the land swap and engineering services agreement with the city of North Richland Hills regarding the Smithfield Elementary School sight.
Approved the design development phase for the Smithfield Middle School gymnasium addition as part of the 2018 Bond program.
Approved Board Policy FDB (LOCAL) Admissions: Intradistrict Transfers and Classroom Assignments. This changes the reference in policy from the associate superintendent for staff and student services to “Superintendent or designee.”
Approved the resolution approving the requirements of the Public Funds Investment Act.
Approved budget amendments.
A public hearing was conducted for the 2017-18 District Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR).
Approved the bids/purchases for:
- Advanced Placement tests from College Board;
- A bus from Thomas Built Buses;
- Replacement band storage units at Richland High School from Wenger Corporation;
- Touch-screen Chromebooks and licenses from Connection; and
- Fine Arts supplies, equipment and services from various vendors.
Approved the contract/subscription renewal with:
- Horizon Software International for point of sale, menus and inventory software for the Child Nutrition Department;
- Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) for PCG Easy IEP special education student information management software; and
- Indoor air quality consulting services from Terracon and Farmer Environmental Group.
Approved the contract for: (Monies for this project will come from 2018 Bond funds.)
- Renovations for the Collegiate Academy of Birdville from Tegrity Contractors, Inc.; and
- Leased dark fiber for the District’s wide area network from Zayo Group.
Approved the amendment to the contract with Schrickel Rollins/Parkhill, Smith & Cooper for the pedestrian bridge and appurtenances design services for the new partner elementary school.
Approved the change order with Superior Fiber & Data Services, Inc. for installation of dark fiber between the District’s Network Operating Center (NOC) and the BISD Plaza.
Future Board Meeting
Thursday, March 28, 2019, Regular Board Meeting, open session at 7 p.m., Boardroom.
excellence | integrity | service