January 24, 2019 | Vol. 40, No. 7
Partners in Education Recognitions
Eddie Suarez of the El Chico Café in Richland Hills was recognized for his support of Richland Middle School. The restaurant provides meals for students, parents and staff, as well as supports the annual Hispanic Heritage Night.
The BISD Board of Trustees was recognized for its leadership and commitment to the students of the District.
Chris Hays, Julian Roane and Jack Webb with Haltom Football Broadcast; and Sean Eichkorn with R Street Media were recognized for donating their time and financial resources to provide a way for BISD families to follow the action of the regular and postseason football games by broadcasting them via the internet and social media.
Jason Tucker and the Haltom High School football team were recognized for winning District 3-6A.
Matthew Dages, Lane Freach, and Matthew Blackwell, Birdville High; Christian Reich, Richland High; and Jonathan Lomeli-Romero, Haltom High, were recognized for placing ninth at the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge Dual National Championship.
Summary of Actions
Approved the donation from:
- The Rebel Legacy Project to Richland High School soccer program.
Approved the Order of Trustee Election for Saturday, May 4 to fill Places 6 and 7 (currently held by Ralph Kunkel and Kris Drees respectively).
Approved Collegiate Academy of Birdville as the official name for BISD’s early college high school.
Approved budget amendments.
Announced six appointments, one resignations and 12 retirements.
> View Personnel Report
Announced one administrative appointment:
- Jennifer Muirhead, Assistant Principal, Richland High School
- Shannon Thompson, Coordinator of Federal & State Programs
Approved the contracts with: (Funds come from Bond 2018 funds)
- Schrickel Rollins/Parkhill, Smith & Cooper as the design firm for the pedestrian bridge and appurtenances design services for the new partner elementary school; and
- bkm Total Office of Texas, LLC for office partitions for the Collegiate Academy of Birdville renovations.
Future Board Meeting
Thursday, February 28, 2019, Regular Board Meeting, open session at 7 p.m., Boardroom.
excellence | integrity | service