September 27, 2018 | Vol. 40, No. 3
Summary of Actions
Approved the donations from:
- The Sertoma Club of Fort Worth to the Regional Day School for the Deaf;
- Green Valley PTA to Green Valley Elementary;
- David and Virginia Smith to David E. Smith Elementary;
- The Sertoma Club of Watauga to the Regional Day School for the Deaf;
- Refresh BISD event vendors to BISD;
- Compass Church to BISD; and
- Buyers Barricades to BISD’s Automotive Technology program.
Approved the 2018–19 District Improvement Plan.
Approved the budget amendment for the 2017–18 New Instructional Facilities Allotment.
Approved an additional administrator to serve as a teacher appraiser.
Approved the request for class-size waivers for 43 sections in kindergarten through fourth grade for 2018-19.
Approved the Tarrant County CTE tuition expenditures for 2018-19.
Approved a resolution adding hazardous bus routes as a result of the TEXRail commuter train.
Approved budget amendments.
Authorized Administration to negotiate a contract and associated fees with Board-identified architectural firms.
Approved the bids/purchases for:
- Supplemental security services from Smith Security;
- CTE supplies, equipment and services from various vendors;
- Custodial supplies from various vendors;
- Graphing calculators from Eric Arin, Inc.; and
- Secondary maps from Social Studies School Services.
Approved the contracts with:
- PBK Architects to begin the design phase for the Early College High School located at Haltom High School and the design for Phase 1 at The Hills property; and
- Principal Solutions for an external evaluator for grant compliance.
Approved the final payment to:
- LMC, Inc. for locker removal for collaboration spaces at North Ridge and Smithfield middle schools.
Approved the support agreement for storage area network systems from Dell, Inc.
Future Board Meeting
Thursday, October 25, 2018, Regular Board Meeting, open session at 7 p.m., Boardroom.
excellence | integrity | service