Open Enrollment is a process through which in-district and out-of-district students may apply to a Birdville ISD campus other than the one they are zoned to attend based on their residential address. Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and require approval by the campus principal and an administrator in the Student Services Department.
Birdville ISD is accepting Open Enrollment applications for in-district and out-of-district students for the 2021–22 school year. The following information is intended for, and will be implemented at, all Birdville ISD campuses.
For the 2021–22 school year:
- A currently enrolled prekindergarten student will be required to return to their home campus for their kindergarten school year.
- In-district students currently in kindergarten through fifth grade may apply for Open Enrollment at any campus within Birdville ISD.
- A student who is currently in the sixth grade and applying for Open Enrollment must declare a high school campus to attend for the ninth- through 12th-grade school years on the Open Enrollment application. The student may choose to either:
- Remain in their current (Open Enrollment) feeder pattern; or
- Return to their zoned high school campus.
- Per Birdville ISD Board policy, exceptions are made if:
- The student currently attends the campus; or
- The parent is a Birdville ISD employee; or
- The student has an older sibling who will attend the same campus during the initial Open Enrollment year; and
- The student meets all eligibility criteria.
- All grade levels are open to all BISD students at their zoned feeder pattern campus.
Choose Birdville Application
Open Enrollment Application for 2022-23 is NOW AVAILABLE.