ApplyTexas was created through a collaborative effort between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the colleges and universities represented on the site. The goal of the project is to offer a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to the many outstanding postsecondary institutions available in Texas.
All four-year state universities and colleges are using the common application for Texas. You may get a copy from the counseling center or you can go to the website at www.applytexas.org. This website has links to all the Texas public universities. There may be an application fee. You also have an opportunity to register for scholarships that may available at the same time. The school codebook that is needed for completing the application is also available online.On ApplyTexas you can accomplish a multitude of tasks including:
- Apply for admission to any Texas public university, as well as to participating community and private colleges.
- Apply for undergraduate, international, and graduate admission.
- Copy a submitted application to another institution.
- Submit your application essays online.
- Apply for scholarships from participating universities.
- Apply for housing with participating universities.
- Search for and view both general and university-specific information.
We wish you the best on your journey to college!
- Questions about the online application? Please review the instructions for applying.
- Questions about going to college in general? Visit College for All Texans.
- Questions about a specific Texas college or school's admissions process? Please contact the individual college or school's admissions office.
Additional information for applicants
- Information on university addresses, essay requirements, deadlines and fees.
- Information on Scholarship university addresses and deadlines.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas University Web Sites
- Automatic Admission of Students in Top 10% of their Graduating Class
- Immunization Requirements
- Tuition Rebate
- Additional Tuition Charges - Early Warning
- List of Texas County Codes