Attendance Policy and Procedures:
- In the event of an absence, the parent/guardian should call the Attendance Office at (817) 547-4213, to inform that the student will not be present.
- If telephone contact is not made, a note from the parent stating the reason for the absence must be taken to the Attendance Office the day the student returns to school, before reporting to first period.
- Any absence not cleared within 3 days will become an unexcused absence.
- Grades for make up work for an unexcused absence will be adjusted downward 10 to 20 points.
Page 18 Secondary Student Code of Conduct:
"When a student must be absent from school, the student upon returning to school must bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will not be accepted unless the student is 18 or older. A parent should call the school prior to 10 a.m. on the day of the absence, and should also state in writing the reason when the student returns to school.
- All documentation (parent notes, doctor’s notes, appointment verifications, etc.) must be presented to the attendance office on the date the student returns to school. Any absence not cleared within the allotted time (three days) will become an unexcused absence.
- Unexcused absences are absences determined not to be due to approved extenuating circumstances. Students who have unexcused absences shall be permitted to make up their work if a grade for the assignment was to be given. Grades for make-up work for an unexcused absence will be adjusted downward no less than 10 points and no more than 20 points.
- A student’s absent from school or from any class without permission will be considered unexcused and the student will be subject to disciplinary action.
- A student who must leave school during the day must bring a note from his or her parent stating the reason for the absence. The note from the parents requesting the early dismissal should be brought to the attendance office before the student’s first period class. The note must include the date, full name, grade, reason for dismissal, parent’s signature, and phone number where parent can be reached. Parents will be required to show ID when picking up a child for early dismissal.
- A student who becomes ill during the school day should (with the teacher’s permission) report to the school nurse. The nurse will decide whether or not the student should be sent home and will notify the student’s parent.
- Students who arrive late to school will be counted tardy. Parents are expected to provide written verification as to the reason for the tardy
- A student who has at least six (6) absences will be required to provide a note from a physician, court or the equivalent to be excused.