I hope everyone had a safe enjoyable summer. Hopefully you were blessed with quality time alongside family and friends to relax following the past school year. Now with renewed enthusiasm for the upcoming school year, I would like to express my excitement to be with you as your School Resource Officer (SRO). I am a member of the North Richland Hills Police Department and have been employed with them for 26 years. Last year was my first full year as a School Resource Officer and I was fortunate to find a home at North Richland Middle School. I have been fortunate in my career to have worked in many different capacities (Detective, Undercover Narcotics Investigator, and Field Training Officer) within the Police Department, but this assignment has been the most rewarding of my career to date.7277
I look forward to the opportunity of interacting with your students as I focus on maintaining a safe learning environment for both students and staff. As we move forward into the school year. I am excited to assist you with any challenges that may arise, and to help educate students and staff on issues related to law enforcement and school safety.
As your SRO, I am committed to:
- Being visible within the school community to help deter criminal activity and student misconduct.
- Attending and participating in school functions.
- Building working relationships with the school’s staff as well as with student and parent groups.
- Initiating interactions with students in the classroom.
- Promoting the profession of law enforcement and being a positive role model to students.
- Working with staff members to establish a safe and secure learning environment.
- Being an advocate on behalf of faculty members for emergency response training.
Please feel free to contact me anytime with your concerns and questions. I may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or office phone 817-547-4214.
My school office is located across from the cafeteria in room 1533.
I look forward to working together for the safety of all. Let’s have a great school year.
Officer Kevin Brown
North Richland Hills Police Department
817-427-7000 PD/817-547-4214 School