Substitute Professionals are Essential to the Mission and Goals of BISD.
We Need You!
Why serve as a Substitute Professional?
- Flexible schedule
- Earned income
- Have a positive impact on the community
- Build resume and experience
- Develop new skills for personal growth
- Impact lives of students
Why be a Substitute Professional at BISD?
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Bonus opportunities for classroom Teachers and Educational Assistants
- Great work environment with an innovative district
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Professional and caring work culture
- Clear and helpful communication from a dedicated HR team
Serve as a Teacher Substitute with as few as 30 college credit hours. If you are unsure if you qualify to be a substitute with BISD, please email David W. Smith, Substitute Coordinator, in Human Resources. <<email David W. Smith>>
Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Karen Kearby, Human Resource Substitute Specialist at (817) 547-5772. <<email Karen>>
To view and apply for Substitute positions: <<Substitute Application>>
What to expect
Once you complete your application, it will be pulled for processing. We do this once a week so if you apply on Wednesday we may not see it until Monday.
Next you will receive an email instructing you to make an appointment for fingerprints. As soon as you complete this step let us know and we will send you a new hire packet. The sooner you get this done the sooner we can get you to the final step.
Finally, we will have you come to BISD (Social Distance and Mask Protocols in place) and we will get you processed for work.
Questions regarding the application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the BISD family