Welcome, !Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Information for you about the PTA
FACT: An estimated 700 children attend Academy of Carrie Frances Thomas; of those, an estimate of 20 families has become members of the PTA. Not only do the teachers need your help, but each child should have a voice. We urge as many parents as possible to help volunteer.
FACT: Every time you come and read for children, volunteer for an event involving the school, or helping in your child’s class, those hours are counted as volunteer hours. Volunteering is being a hero to many children, and at the end of the school year, all those hours are added together and a certain percent of money is donated from the state back to your child’s school.
FACT: PTA is about being involved and lending a helping hand. We have many fundraisers that go toward purchasing items for our school, holiday dances for our children, chaperoning field trips, classroom activities, or just being available to help the teachers with special activities.
FACT: You can always find time to volunteer for the PTA, whether it is helping during school hours, helping in an after- school- program, or even helping at a school function in the evening or on the weekends. There are plenty of events that go on at different hours during the days of the week throughout the school year for which you would be able to volunteer.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities,
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Welcome to Facts About ACFT's PTA's active website.