Birdville ISD’s prekindergarten program provides a foundation for our youngest students. Instruction is based upon the academic, social, and emotional needs of students. Our mission is to provide our youngest students with a strong educational foundation based on a curriculum aligned to Prekindergarten Guidelines, instruction based on best practices, and an assessment system that relies on data to make informed decisions beneficial to the needs of early learners.
The prekindergarten program in BISD currently serves students in four-year old Prekindergarten.
Changes for 2021-2022
All campuses that have Pre-K will have full-day prekindergarten.
With the addition of state mandated full-day Prekindergarten for four-year-olds, beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, Birdville ISD will no longer provide Prekindergarten for three-year-olds. This three-year-old program is being closed to make room for the new full-day program for four-year-olds at select campuses in 2020-21.
The following campuses will be hosting full-day prekindergarten:
- 101- Birdville Elementary – Bilingual
- 102- David E. Smith Elementary – Bilingual
- 103- W.T. Francisco Elementary
- 104- Jack C. Binion Elementary– Bilingual
- 105- Alliene Mullendore Elementary
- 107- Smithfield Elementary
- 109- Cheney Hills Elementary – Bilingual
- 110- O.H. Stowe Elementary – Bilingual
- 111- West Birdville Elementary – Bilingual
- 112- Holiday Heights Elementary
- 113- Watauga Elementary – Bilingual
- 114- Grace E. Hardeman Elementary
- 115- W.A. Porter Elementary
- 116- Academy C.F. Thomas Elementary – Bilingual
- 117- Foster Village Elementary
- 118- North Ridge Elementary
- 119- John D. Spicer Elementary
Inquiries about registration should be directed to the office of the Executive Director of Elementary Education at 817-547-5712.
Early Childhood Coordinator
email@example.com | 817-547-5680