Dear Seventh Grade Parent,
Vital Link is coming to Birdville Independent School District again, and we are proud to announce continuation of this cooperative program with the Northeast Tarrant County Chamber of Commerce, the Northeast Leadership Forum and BISD. We feel this program is a significant benefit to our students. Vital Link offers an opportunity for students to participate in business internships during one week of the summer between their seventh and eighth grade year.
The Vital Link internships will last one week for approximately three hours each day from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Participating students are assigned to one of several participating businesses in the area. During the time on site, students have an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the real world of work. It is not intended to be career specific; rather, it is hoped that students encounter generic real world experiences that help motivate them to further excellence in their academic endeavors.
The Vital Link Program will be during the week of June 3-6, 2019. Transportation to and from intern sites is to be provided by the parents. If you would be interested in your student being considered for participation in this program, please complete the accompanying STUDENT INTERNSHIP APPLICATION form and have your student return it to our counseling office by April 7, 2017. A notice regarding an orientation session for all participating students and parents scheduled in May will be sent home with your student.
In order to ensure a quality week for business leaders, students, and the school district, please review the guidelines listed below which all participants are expected to follow:
- Dress professionally (examples: males – collared shirt/slacks; females – blouse/skirt or slacks) on the first day and the follow dress code identified by your assigned business.
- Arrive each day of the week promptly at 8:30 a.m. and depart no later than 11:30 a.m., unless otherwise arranged with your business assignment.
- Adhere to safety standards as identified by the company.
- Practice etiquette, including social graces, politeness, and respect.
- Follow all guidelines set by your assigned business.
- Put forth your best effort including a positive attitude on every assignment.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity for our seventh grade students.