for information about bullying:awareness, prevention, and reporting.Refer to the Student Handbook for details about conduct, discipline, dress code, etc.Administrative Assistant
(Principal's Office)817-547-5011Evelyn Grove
Attendance Clerk817-547-5013Front Office817-547-5000
817-547-5000BISD has installed a new visitors screening system.
All people visiting the school must present their drivers license in the front office to be scanned into the computer system for a name tag to be printed.Early Dismissal Policies and Procedures
· SMS students who need to leave the building during the school day must be cleared through the front office prior to leaving.
· Early dismissals are not accepted by telephone, and we cannot call your student out of class before your arrival in the office.
· A picture I.D. is required when picking up a student for an early dismissal.
· Students will not be released to anyone who is not on the enrollment card listed under emergency contacts in that student’s Skyward file.
· In the event a student needs to be withdrawn from school, a 24 hour notice is required in order to process the withdrawal paperwork.
· In the event of an absence, the parent/guardian should call the Attendance Office at 547-5013, to inform that the student will not be present.
· If telephone contact is not made, a note from the parent stating the reason for the absence must be taken to the Attendance Office the day the student returns to school, before reporting to first period.· Any absence not cleared within 3 days will become an unexcused absence.
· Grades for make up work for an unexcused absence will be adjusted downward 10 to 20 points.
Tardy Policy* A student may have 3 tardies without disciplinary action.4th Tardy = 1 day restricted lunch ("restricted" means student is separated from others in the cafeteria)5th Tardy = 2 days of restricted lunch6th Tardy = 1 office d-hall (4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)7th Tardy = 2 office d-halls8th Tardy = Saturday School (8 a.m. to Noon)More than 8 Tardies = Saturday Schools