Birdville ISD Scholarship Program
TCC Senior Checklist
Birdville ISD in partnership with the Tarrant County College Foundation (TCCF)/Tarrant County College District (TCCD) has established an endowment scholarship program providing graduating seniors from any BISD high school an opportunity to receive financial assistance to cover the cost of tuition at TCC.
This partnership will ensure tuition costs up to 15 semester hours at in-country tuition rates per semester for two consecutive semesters provided to each student who meets all eligibility criteria. The scholarship is available for two consecutive semesters, not including summer. It must be awarded within one year of high school graduation.
TCC Senior Checklist for TCC Attending New Students Group Advisement.
- Must be a graduating senior and have attended BISD schools for both junior and senior years. Students graduating early must have earned their credits for their junior and senior year at a BISD school.
- Must complete the admissions process for TCC, which includes:
- Submit a complete admissions application, (including social security number). Only undocumented students are not required to provide a complete social security number.
- Send the official high school transcript(s) to the Admissions and Registrar Office on the local campus
- Complete testing requirement.
- Register for and attend New Student Orientation
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application or TASFA for a determination of financial aid and complete the entire FAFSA process by the semester deadline.
- The entire process must be completed and results received by TCC before the semester deadline.
- List TCC as one of the institutions to which enrollment is sought to determine eligibility. TCC's college code is #003626.
o Fall semester - August 24, 2020
o Spring semester - January 5, 2021
- Must enroll at TCC for a minimum of six (6) semester hours per semester.
- Must enroll at TCC during the first fall or spring semester immediately following graduation (except in cases of deferment due to active U.S. military service).
- TCC must be the first college of attendance.
- Students must enroll in and successfully complete the STSC 0111 (Transition to College Success) their first semester at TCC.
- To successfully complete the course means to receive a passing grade of a C or higher.
- Students that are exempt or have met the TSI obligations are not required to complete STSC 0111.
- Student will be required to meet with their academic advisor a minimum of three times during the course of each semester.
- Student will be required to meet with their academic advisor before dropping any course(s).
- Recipients will receive a second-semester scholarship if a minimum GPA of 2.5 is achieved in the first semester, a minimum of 6 semester hours are completed, the student completed and passed the STSC 0111 course and fulfilled the requirements of meeting with their academic advisor during the first semester.
- Up to 15 hours of tuition per semester. This scholarship covers tuition costs only.
- This program is available for two consecutive semesters per student and is only available for fall and spring semesters.
- Students will not receive the BISD Scholarship if they receive at least $960 per semester from other TCCD financial assistance programs or federal/state funding.
- Students receiving less than $960 per semester from TCCD financial assistance programs or federal/state funding may receive the difference between the federal/state funding amount and $960, depending on the number of credit hours in which the student is enrolled.
- Complete the FAFSA application and list TCC as one of the institutions to which enrollment is sought.
- Submit any additional paperwork, if requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- CRITICAL: To receive important updates and reminders, complete the information page found on the TCC website at http://foundation.tccd.edu on the Birdville ISD scholarship page.
- Check the TCC email account often as requests for additional paperwork and notices will be sent via email.
- Receive an award letter from TCC. You may check the status of your application at any time through aid status and notices.
- If the student is renewed for the second semester of this scholarship in the fall, then the student is required to complete a new FASFA that must be received by TCC no later than July 5.
- Any student with a birth date of 8-30-01 or before needs tp call the TCC Foundation at (817) 515-5277.
After reviewing all the information, if you still have questions or concerns, you may call Angelina Molina at TCC (817.515.5277) or you may email her at Angela.firstname.lastname@example.org