History of Watauga Middle School
WORKING TOGETHER FOR SUCCESS
MAKE "IT" HAPPEN
Watauga Junior High School first opened its doors in 1968 with James Niendorff at the helm as principal. Four hundred and forty students roamed the halls at that time. In 1988, the year before Watauga Jr. High changed to Watauga Middle School, there were 1000 students enrolled. That year (1988) Watauga was the largest school in BISD. The faculty has almost tripled since 1968 as well increasing from 22 teachers to 59 in 1988. Today more than 69 teachers/staff are employed here to educate the 754 students.
In 1968, Watauga Jr. High had cheerleaders and ninth graders. In 1989 along with the name change to Watauga Middle, came the introduction of 6th grade into the school as the 9th graders moved into the high schools. Now we celebrate student achievements in an Award Ceremony which usually occurs at the end of the school year instead of having a ninth grade banquet.
School Information:Grade levels: 6,7,8Student Population: 754Mascot: WarriorsColors: Green & White
We are located on Watauga Road also known as Western Center Blvd. (west) and Mid Cities Blvd (east). Approximately 2 miles EAST of Denton Hwy. and 1 mile west of Rufe Snow.Address:6300 Maurie Dr.
Ft. Worth, TX 76148Phone: 817-547-4800Fax: 817-581-5369