Doug Shockey, RN, BSN
This is my sixth year at Jack C. Binion Elementary and my eighth year in the Birdville school district. It is my belief that in order for students to perform at peak ached performance they must be at peak health and wellness. It is my goal to ensure that the students and staff at Binion maintain optimal health and wellness throughout the year.
To prevent the spread of influenza, (and COVID-19) follow these recommendations:
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.