If you are interested in volunteering with Birdville ISD Special Olympics and are a parent, friend, family or community member please fill out a volunteer form through the district website. We are always looking for energetic and encouraging people. Middle and High school students can earn volunteer hours to be applied to National Honor Society or other organizations, and is attractive on your college admissions. We would love your help encouraging our athletes to do their best and try the hardest!
Volunteers contribute to athletes in the following ways...
If you would like more information on volunteering or have any questions please emailHead of Delegation
- coach athlete on form and technique for their event
- recording times/distances in events
- aide in stretches and warm ups
- encourage athlete to do their best and have fun
- aide athlete in orienteering from event to event
- cheering and making signs for athlete
- taking photos for Special Olympics website
- develop new friendships with athletes and other volunteers
- become a Unified Partner and compete in certain events/sports with your athlete