Compensatory Education Home Instruction (CEHI)
Compensatory Education Home Instruction
The purpose of the Compensatory Education Home Instruction (CEHI) program is to provide a continuation of instruction for students who, because of pregnancy complications, or birth, are prevented from attending school.
- CEHI will be provided at the home with a Texas certified teacher.
- The student’s final grade is dependent upon the student’s completion of assignments, as well as the quality of those assignments. In addition, work done in the classroom before or after the CEHI period will also be factored in. It is important to note that the CEHI teacher is NOT responsible for the student passing or failing a class.
- For a student to be counted present while out of school due to complications of pregnancy and/or birth, the student must meet with the CEHI teacher for a minimum of four hours per week.
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Federal & State Programs Specialist to begin CEHI.
- If a student needs to be home prior to delivery, a medical release form is required before CEHI services can be initiated.
- The Pregnancy Related Services program is not responsible for ensuring a student is exempt from finals, or for any adverse effects that time out on CEHI has on extracurricular activities.
- Students must notify the CEHI teacher, in advance, if they must cancel a session. Three (3) no-shows will result in cancellation of CEHI services.
Please note: Expectant students who are in BISD’s Special Education program need to contact the Birdville Special Education office at 817- 547-5777 to arrange for Special Education Homebound, which is home instruction for Special Education students.