Middle School guidance counselors help students build bridges to success by coordinating services with parents and school personnel by:
- Helping to identify needs of students.
- Consulting with parents and school personnel.
- Providing referrals to outside agencies as needed.
- Guiding students in individual planning.
- Coordinating structured grade level guidance activities in the classroom.
- Maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
Middle School guidance counselors provide a comprehensive guidance counseling program that:
- Provides orientation activities at the beginning of the school year.
- Provides guidance to students and parents in selecting courses for an appropriate educational program.
- Follows a developmental guidance curriculum by coordinating structured grade level guidance activities in the classroom. (The guidance curriculum is available for parent viewing upon request.)
- Interprets standardized testing.
- Counsels students and conducts small support groups on issues of concern.
- Provides assistance, by appointment, to students, parents, or staff upon request.
Our Middle School Counselors are also involved in:
Report Cards and Progress Reports
Play It Safe Program
Worth The Wait