SHAC School Health Advisory CommitteeWhat is BISD SHAC?Birdville Independent School District School Health Advisory Committee in response to the requirement by the Texas Legislature.What do they do?
The Birdville School Health Advisory Committee acts collectively to advise the school district on development of a coordinated school health program that reflects community values and integrates health education, health services, physical education, nutritional services, school safety and parental involvement. The committee is actively involved in reviewing and discussing the school district's wellness policy on a regular basis.How can you become a member?
The school board must appoint all members for the BISD SHAC. The committee must contain a minimum of 5 members. The majority of the members are parents who are not employed by the district. The remaining members may be people representative of the following groups:
1. District teachers, administrators and students
2. Healthcare professionals
4. Law enforcement agencies
5. Senior citizens
6. Business community
7. Nonprofit health organizationsHow often do they meet?
The SHAC must meet at least 4 times per school year.8 Components to Coordinated School Health
1. Nutrition Services
2. Health Services
3. Health and Safe School Environment
4. Counseling and Mental Health Services
5. Staff Wellness Promotion
6. Parent and Community Involvement
7. Physical Education8. Health EducationLink to Texas School Health Advisory Committee webpageNeed more information?
February 28, 2019
March 11, 2019
March 12, 2019
March 13, 2019
March 14, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 28, 2019
April 19, 2019