Unpaid Meal Charge Procedure

  • Charging Procedure

    We understand that students need proper nutrition to help them focus and participate in their daily classroom activities. Students, however, may not have the money in hand to pay for school meals. Birdville ISD’s meal charge policy institutes a grace period of up to a $11 negative balance for children who have exhausted funds.

    • Students may only charge reimbursable meals up to a negative balance of $11
    • No a la carte items may be charged
    • If the negative balance exceeds the $11 limit, an alternative meal will be given consisting of a:
      • Cheese sandwich
      • Fruit
      • Milk

    Notification of Negative Funds

    Once the student’s account reaches a negative balance, the parent or guardian will be notified by any of the following ways until the account balance is positive again.

    • E-mails will be sent one day a week from the school cafeteria.
    • Phone calls, emails and text will be made twice a week from central office
    • Letters will be sent as deemed necessary from the school cafeteria.

    Collection of Meal Charge Debt

    Meals can be paid online ahead of time at www.mypaymentsplus.com, where you will need your student’s school identification number.

    If you feel your student qualifies for free or reduced school meals, online applications can be found on the Birdville ISD Online Free and Reduced Applications

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: 

    U.S. Department of Agriculture 
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    Email: program.intake@usda.gov                         This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 2022