• How can I make deposits to my child's account?

    The most convenient prepayment option is through MealPay. You may also choose to make a deposit to your students account directly.Please place the check in a sealed envelope with your student's first and last name, teacher, and district ID number noted. Checks should be made out to School Name/Lunch and include the students name(s) and the district student identification number in the memo section. If a check is written to cover more than one student in the same school, all the names of the children, the amount per each account and their student identification numbers should be noted on the face of the check.

    Cash method: If you prefer to use cash as a prepayment, you should hand deliver the cash to the child nutrtition manager/cashier in your cafeteria.

    Notification features and Prepayment Options

    What is MyPaymentsPlus?

    MealPay is a prepayment system that allows you to make deposits into students' accounts via the web at http://www.mypaymentsplus.com . Features of meal Pay Include:

    Accepts e-check, Discover, VISA or MasterCard, as well as bank check cards with VISA or MasterCard logo
    Provides emailed deposit confirmations
    Allows you to view payment and purchase history free of charge
    Allows you to choose whether to deposit into a General or Meal Only account and regulate your students' purchases.
    Provides emailed deposit confirmations Allows payments and balances to be viewed and updated regularly free of charge
    Low balance email reminders can be set up to alert you once your balance reaches a predetermined amount free of charge
    Auto Replenish feature can be set up to allow you to select a balance amount that will initiate MealPay to automatically credit funds to your students' account(s) from your credit card free of charge.

    Parents will have to register as a user using the alphanumeric BISD ID number for their child. There is no charge for viewing the student's account history or receiving low balance reminders. A 4.75% service fee is ONLY added when making deposits on MealPayPlus.

    Security is a priority with MealPayPlus. The date is encrypted at 128 bit encryption with SSL/secure socket layer. VISA protocol for its CISP/Cardholder Information Security program is followed and CISP certification from VISA is held. This is VISA's highest security certification. 
    If parents have issues or payment processing questions, they should call MealPay at (877) 237-0946 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST. After hours, they will be asked to leave a number and will be called the next business day. Parents can also receive support via chat at www.MyPaymentsPlus.com and clicking “Need help? Click here”. Or parents can also send emails to support@mypaymentsplus.com .

    I had an insufficient check, how can I repay the owed amount?

    Parents will receive a notice of an insufficient check in the mail from Checksmart Recovery, the district's check collection company. The amount to be repaid will be the amount of the original returned check plus an additional bank fee of $30.00 plus tax. Repayment should be handled directly with Checksmart Recovery @ 1-888-851-6634 and not with your campus. Additional checks will not be accepted until the insufficient check is paid directly to Checksmart Recovery. After checks have been returned unpaid to Birdville ISD, the district reserves the right to no longer accept any checks from students living in that household. The parent/guardian will be asked to send in cash, a chashier's check, a money order or use MEALPAY www.MyPaymentsPlus.com) with a personal credit card for payment on account.

    Why do faculty and staff pay more for meals than students do?

    The district receives federal reimbursement for meals served to students only. The value of this reimbursement plus any donated commodities must not be used to subsidize adult meals; as a result the adult meals are priced higher.

    My child was charged more at breakfast for only taking one item today, what does the student breakfast meal price include?

    To receive the stated breakfast meal price, the student needs to have chosen at least two different items from the items offered. Milk can be counted as 1 item. If a total of 2 items are not on the tray, the student will be charged ala carte prices which could cost more than the stated meal price. Milk, white or chocolate, is considered as a side choice. The student may choose to take the entrée and all meal components offered that day for the same price.

    How can I limit what my child can purchase from his/her account?

    Parents may choose to deposit some or all prepaid money into their student's Meal Account. Funds deposited into the Meal Accounts may only be used to purchase 1 meal per serving period per day. No extras may be purchased with these funds.

    What happens to money left in my child's account at the end of the school year?

    Any money left in the child's account at the end of the school year will be available on the first day of school the following year. The funds will also advance to another school in the district as your child progresses through Birdville ISD.

    Free and Reduced Questions

    1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete one application to apply for free or reduced-price meals. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Child Nutrition Dept., 3120 Carson St., Haltom City, Texas, 76117 or to your child’s school office.

    2. Who can get free meals? Children in households getting Food Stamps or TANF can get free meals regardless of your income. Your benefit letter from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is your documentation for free meals. If you have not already received a letter from your school stating that your household is eligible for free meals you may take your HHSC benefit letter to your child nutrition office to be certified for free meals. Your children can get free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines and you must complete this application and submit to your child nutrition office. Head Start students and most foster children can also qualify for free meals. Call the school if you have questions.

    3. Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced-price meals? In most cases no, however read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call the Child Nutrition Dept. at 817-547-5860 if you have questions.

    4. Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals? Yes. If you have not been notified of free status under these categories, please call the child’s school to see if your child(ren) qualify.

    5. Who can get reduced price meals? Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced-price limits on the Federal Income Chart, included in this application packet.

    6. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.

    7. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

    8. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, TANF or other benefits.

    9. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: The Director of Child Nutrition, 3120 Carson St., Haltom City, TX 76117.

    10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.

    11. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include yourself and all people living in your household, related or not (such as children, grandparents, other relatives or friends).

    12. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime pay, include that amount as income. If you do not normally get overtime pay, do not include it as income.

    13. We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.