• employment title

Permanently Assigned Positions

  • Permanently assigned positions work daily during the school year in a specific child nutrition cafeteria. Starting pay for permanent assigned positions of 4 or more hours is $12.99 and qualify for an attractive benefit package.

Substitute Positions

  • The Birdville Public School District is accepting applications for On Call Substitutes in the Child Nutrition Department.
    The rate of pay is $12.10 per hour to be paid bi-weekly. There are no benefits.   

    Substitutes must:

    • Possess a food handlers permit
    • Have basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and baking
    • Be available to work at any location on an on-call basis
    • Be willing to learn and follow procedures, policies and requirements of the Nutrition program
    • Provide general clean up
    • Be able to relate effectively with staff, students and public
    Positions are available from August through May, Monday through Friday. Substitutes work from (4) four to (7) seven hours per shift depending on work location assignment. Substitutes will be required to work in any school within the district.

To apply, submit an application.

  • Applications can be turned in electronically, mailed or dropped off at…

    Personnel Services
    Birdville ISD Administration Building 
    6125 East Belknap Street
    Haltom City, TX 76117

    Click to complete online application. 

    BISD's Personnel Services Offices are open from 
    8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. 

    Applications are also available in the lobby.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: https://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)    mail:        U.S. Department of Agriculture

                            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                            1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)    fax:          (202) 690-7442; or
    (3)    email:      program.intake@usda.gov.
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.