To cultivate prospective leaders within Birdville ISD who are knowledgeable and skilled to lead campuses in a collaborative culture that is focused on results and continuous improvement.
- Develop a working knowledge of the vision, mission, and goals for Birdville ISD.
- Develop a resume and portfolio that can be used as an applicant for an entry level administrative position.
- Demonstrate reflective practice by keeping a journal of all Academy sessions and leadership assignments.
- Develop a better understanding of the role of a campus administrator by completing a shadowing assignment with an identified principal.
- Develop interview skills by participating in a mock interview with a principal.
- Evidence of leadership abilities demonstrated in current or previous positions
- A minimum of three successful years of teaching experience with at least one full-year in Birdville ISD
- Possess or working toward completion of a Master’s Degree with principal certification (a minimum of 12 hours in an educational administration/educational leadership program)
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Completed application with Letter of Intent
- A letter of reference from current supervisor/principal
- AdminFit survey and score within the top Tier