• employment title

Permanently Assigned Positions

  • Permanently assigned positions work daily during the school year in a specific child nutrition cafeteria. Starting pay for permanent assigned positions of 4 or more hours is $15.50 and qualify for an attractive benefit package.

Substitute Positions

  • The Birdville Public School District is accepting applications for On Call Substitutes in the Child Nutrition Department.
    The rate of pay is $14.00 per hour to be paid semi-monthly. There are no benefits.   

    Substitutes must:

    • Possess a food handlers permit
    • Have basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and baking
    • Be available to work at any location on an on-call basis
    • Be willing to learn and follow the procedures, policies and requirements of the Nutrition program
    • Provide general clean up
    • Be able to relate effectively with staff, students and the public
    Positions are available from August through May, Monday through Friday. Substitutes work from (4) four to (7) seven hours per shift depending on work location assignment. Substitutes will be required to work in any school within the district.

To apply, submit an application.

  • Applications can be turned in electronically, mailed or dropped off at…

    Personnel Services
    Birdville ISD Administration Building 
    6125 East Belknap Street
    Haltom City, TX 76117

    Click to complete online application. 

    BISD's Personnel Services Offices are open from 
    8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. 

    Applications are also available in the lobby.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: 

    U.S. Department of Agriculture 
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    Email: program.intake@usda.gov                         This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 2022