What Is Title I?
What is Title I?
Title I, Part A is the largest federal assistance program for schools. Title I helps students receive a fair, equal, and high-quality education by providing additional funding to support student success. In order to receive these funds, our district and campus must create a plan for refining our educational offerings and involving families in their students' education.
Goals of Title I include:
- Improved student performance and well-being
- Increased family engagement in their child's education
- Better two-way communication between families and schools
As a parent or guardian, you are an important part of our Title I team. We would like to invite you to:
- Attend our school's annual Title I meeting
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities
- Assess whether our Title I offerings meet your child's needs, and offer suggestions for improvement as needed
- Review our school-parent compact
- Follow our parent and family engagement policy