In an effort to increase student academic responsibility, the following grading policy will be enforced IMMEDIATELY.
On Level Redo Policy:
• If On Level students score BELOW 70 on a daily assignment, the students will be presented with two tutorial times the teacher is available to re-teach. The higher of the 2 grades will be recorded with a maximum grade of 70.
• If On Level students receive failing grades on a major project or test grade, a re-teach opportunity and redo will be provided, but the maximum score for the redo will be 70 (per district policy).
On Level Late Work Policy for Homework or Daily Grades:
· Turn it in on designated date: Grade as normal
· 1 day late: -10 points
· 2 days late: -20 points
· 3 days late:-30 points
· 4 or more days late: student will receive a 0 with no opportunity to redo for a higher grade
Note: While students may receive zeros for not turning in work on time, they WILL be required to turn in all work. Any work not turned in will be assigned for students to complete during Friday Night School from 4:00-7:30.
Major Grades - Redo Policy:
· Students must come to 2 of the required tutorial times. The teacher will assign both tutorial times, and students must make arrangements to attend.
· The first tutorial will be a reteach of the topic only, while the second will be a time in which students can redo the paper.
· The higher of the 2 grades will be recorded with a maximum grade of 70.
· Original reductions to grade due to turning the assignment in late will still apply to final grade.
Pre-AP Redo Policy:
• If a Pre-AP student scores BELOW 70 on any daily assignment, the student will be presented with two tutorial times the teacher is available to re-teach. The first grade, however, will stand in the grade book.
• If a Pre-AP student receive a failing grade on a major project or test grade, a re-teach opportunity and redo will be provided, but the maximum score for the redo will be 70 (per district policy).
Tests Not Finished in Class
· Students will have 3 days to come to tutorials to finish tests. If they do not come in during the 3 days, the test will be graded as is.
· Students will have one day to complete absent work for every day missed. For example, if a student misses 2 days, he will have two days to complete the work missed. It is the STUDENT’S responsibility to collect the make-up work.