INFORMATION ABOUT TAKING SOCIAL STUDIES, COMPUTER, OR HEALTH/SPEECH WITH MRS. HEARSTRM. 1730
Social Stdies, Computers, and Health/Speech, affects everything we do. We will spend the year learning and improving our knowledge in each subject area listed above. Hopefully, you will have an exciting year learning about Social Studies, Computers, and health/Speech and how it’s all around you!
1. MATERIALS NEEDED: 1 Spiral and 1 Two Pocket Folder
Kleenex and Hand Sanitizer
2. GRADING SYSTEM: The six week grade consists of :
A. Tests/Quizzes/Projects 50%
B. Daily Grades/Labs 50%
3. ABSENCES: New material is covered every day. If you are absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure that they have gotten what information they missed and any assignment that might need to be made up. The teacher will not remind you constantly or beg you to turn in make-up work.
4. TUTORING: Mornings by appointment – 7:00 a.m.
Afternoons 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. Monday - Thursdays
5. TARDIES: NO excuses. The door will be locked when the bell rings and a tardy pass required. We start class on time.
6. EXPECTED CLASSROOM BEHAVIORS:
1. Be in the classroom by the time the tardy bell rings.
2. Store all electronics and phones in backpack or class container.
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
4. Use appropriate language at all times.
First offense – Verbal Warning
Second offense – Redirect to task at hand or appropriate behavior.
Third offense – Brief time out, or separation from group.
Fourth offense – Loss of privileges, Ex. Loss of computer time
Fifth offense – Parent contact/Teacher detention
Sixth offense – Office Referral
MAJOR DISCIPLINE ISSUES WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE OFFICE REFERRAL8. SCHEDULE: 1ST - Basic US History2nd - Basic World Geography
3rd - Basic Government/Economics4th - Content Mastery5th - Conference6th - Basic Health/Speech7th - Basic World History
HHands should be
raised for on-task
question or discussion.
AAsk questions for
Must remain in
or follow along.
HHands need to
be raised when
asking for help.
independently to ensure you
understand the information.
May sharpen pencil,
get Kleenex, throw
objects away and use
restroom if needed.