Face-to-Face Instruction for 2021-2022
BISD is only providing face-to-face instruction for the 2021-22 school year. The District will not continue virtual (at home) learning. Masks are optional in District facilities and at District events.
Birdville ISD strives to create a positive, supportive and engaging online learning community.
Birdville uses student-centered online programs aligned with the Texas TEKS, customized to follow the district scope and sequence that encourages interactive learning. The Birdville online learning team ensures that students and teachers have instant access to quality resources that meet students’ diverse learning needs and propel them towards success.
Birdville ISD believes that the self-directed student can successfully drive their own learning when confident, motivated, and organized. Online learning allows these driven students a chance to learn at their own pace, at their own time on their own personalized learning path.
- Increase flexibility in learning by expanding scheduling options for Birdville students
- Enhance current support systems for students taking online courses. This includes: orientation, registration, supplemental instruction, accessibility, advising and technical assistance
- Increase the Birdville ISD graduation rate (2016 92.2%)
- Develop and market online programs to boost the Birdville brand
- Create a seamless transition for students entering and exiting alternative campuses and students transferring from out of district
Tammy Daniel, MEd
Online Learning Coordinator