What is Title I?
Title I, Part A is the largest federal assistance program for schools. Title I helps students receive a fair, equal, and high-quality education by providing additional funding to support student success. In order to receive these funds, our district and campus must create a plan for refining our educational offerings and involving families in their students' education.
Goals of Title I include:
- Improved student performance and well-being
- Increased family engagement in their child's education
- Better two-way communication between families and schools
As a parent or guardian, you are an important part of our Title I team. We would like to invite you to:
- Attend our school's annual Title I meeting
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities
- Assess whether our Title I offerings meet your child's needs, and offer suggestions for improvement as needed
- Review our school-parent compact
- Follow our parent and family engagement policy
Family Engagement Resources
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance
Birdville ISD ensures that services are provided that support our families and students during a time of hardship and transition. We treat our families with dignity and respect in order to empower them to better their living situation and to support the educational environment of our students.
For additional McKinney-Vento information, and to determine if your child can enroll under the McKinney Vento Act, contact Carlotta Browning at 817-547-5767 or Email Carlotta.Browning@birdvilleschools.net.