Open Enrollment for Birdville ISD
NOTE: Open Enrollment Application for 2020-21
will open on February 21, 2020.
Click on buttons below to view additional details on the various opportunities available for students at Birdville ISD.
Why Birdville ISD?
Birdville ISD’s (BISD) vision of “Excellence, Integrity and Service” is the foundation for continued student and staff excellence in its 21 elementary schools, seven middle schools, four high schools, and one career and technology campus. BISD is the fifth-largest school district in Northeast Tarrant County, with more than 23,400 students. The District’s 33 campuses serve the community of Richland Hills and portions of Haltom City, Hurst, North Richland Hills, Watauga, Colleyville and Fort Worth.
During the 2019–20 school year, BISD will continue its Schools with a Specialization (SWAS) initiative by adding an additional campus to the offerings. These programs go above and beyond the state–required curriculum. Based on feedback from parents and community leaders, BISD will continue expanding with additional programs on other campuses in the coming years.
In August 2019:
- North Richland Middle School (grades 6–8) will continue to expand its curriculum as a nationally STEM-certified middle school (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics);
- Richland Middle School (grades 6–8) will continue with a specialization in Leadership;
- Smithfield Middle School (grades 6–8) will continue as an Advanced Learning and College Prep campus;
- Haltom Middle School (grades 6–8) will continue as a No Excuses University campus; and
- Birdville Elementary (grades K–5) will continue with a Fine Arts Specialization
- North Ridge Middle School (grades 6-8) will open as an Innovation Entrepreneuship Academy campus
We want you to be a part of the Birdville ISD family through the Open Enrollment opportunity! For out-of-district families, if the eligibility criteria have been met by your child(ren), and we have space available at your selected campus, then we look forward to welcoming you into the Birdville ISD Family.
Please take some time to view the information provided below:Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)