Update: Birdville ISD and Automated Phone Calls
Birdville ISD, along with school districts across the nation, has recently been notified of an important change by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) pertaining to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The revised TCPA rules prohibit making any non-emergency call using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice to a wireless telephone number without the prior express consent of the call recipient. (This includes text messages.)
To comply with the recent ruling, Birdville ISD will only use automated phone calls from your child’s campus or the District for attendance alerts or in the case of emergencies.
There are plenty of other ways to stay connected with your child’s school and BISD. The District and campuses use the following ways to share news with you:
- Birdville News - Sign up here!
- Campus e-newsletter/Facebook – Visit your campus website for details https://www.facebook.com/Richland-Elementary-Fan-Page-205576652057/
- BISD social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- District website – Stay Connected
- BISD Mobile App – Available on iTunes and Google play
- Automated phone calls will be made by the District and campuses for emergencies (example: inclement weather) and/or attendance alerts.
Please remember, for the remainder of the 2015–16 school year, BISD will only use automated phone calls to communicate emergencies or attendance information.