Welcome to Mrs. Silva ́s ESL and Newcomers Class! I really miss you so much!
“I plan to motivate, embrace, and activate students' knowledge as they excel in reading, writing, listening, and speaking in English!” – Mrs. Silva
Username: first letter of first name + middle initial + first 5 letters of last name (or complete last name if it’s 5 letters or less) + three assigned numbers
Do you still need an internet service? Call 844-488-8395 for free internet from Spectrum. Online learning will start on Monday, March 30th for all subjects.Please remember to log in to the BISD Portal https://my.birdvilleschools.net/SSO/Portal to get to CANVAS for Mrs. Silva's Online Classes.
Mrs. Silva´s Websites
- gg.gg/RICHwhatpodcast (Links to an external site.)
- gg.gg/RMSbilinugalReading (Links to an external site.)
- gg.gg/OneVoiceforAmerica (Links to an external site.)
Opportunities to READ!
- International Children's Digital Library
- http://en.childrenslibrary.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Free Lessons on Brainpop ESL
- https://esl.brainpop.com/ (Links to an external site.)
- E-Books Richland Middle School Library on Overdrive!
- http://richlandmid.lib.overdrive.com (Links to an external site.)
- -use Lunch # to login
- Current Events - Reading Articles!
Do you need help?
- Contact Mrs. Silva on:
- Instagram: rmsenglish123
- Google Classroom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoom: ID 326-460-3624 (We will have LIVE CLASS every Monday at 10AM)
Virtual Office in FlipGrid:
- Go to flipgrid.com or open the Flipgrid App
- Flip Grid Codes = (Newcomers - silva4451) (3rd period - silva3126) (4th period - silva9715) (5th period - silva2990) (6th period - silva0977) (7th period - silva8444)
Google Classroom Codes: Newcomers - sce2y7v, 3rd period - yotqrzz, 4th period -nzpugnb, 5th period - xrojk2j, 6th period - 2ignz5y, 7th period -hujvklh
- Virtual Reality Google Expedition Kit - Ed Camp
- The Love for Reading in My First Language - Birdville Education Foundation
- The International Bookshelf - Birdville Education Foundation
- Blended Learning Classroom
- SIOP Model
- ELPs - English Language Proficiency Standards
- LPDs - Language Proficiency Descriptors
- Kegan Cooperative Grouping
- ESL Institute – Jenadel Language Services
- Marzono's 6 Step Process
- Word within the Word
- Vocab Journey
- Honors Reading Program
- Scholarship Program for Hispanics
- Tween Tribune Current Events
- Seymour Papert's Makerspace
Grades in Skyward
The daily grade average shall represent one-half (1/2) of the grade. The major test/project average shall represent one-half (1/2) of the grade. There shall be a minimum of eight (8)separate daily grades and three (3) separate major grades each six (6) weeks. At least one major grade and 3 daily grades should be entered by the end of the first three weeks of each six weeks.
- National Geographic INSIDE www.myngconnect.com
- English 3D https://www.hmhco.com/programs/english-3d/overview
- Oxford Picture/Bilingual Dictionary
- English Longman Dictionary
- Word to Word Bilingual Dictionary BilingualDictionaries.com | BasicESL.com
Teacher Login for BISD Resources
Students will be tested for English proficiency near the end of the school year. Teachers will collect writing samples in Math, ELA, Social Studies, and Science. Writing samples will be rated and reported to administration.
Newcomers and ELLs may be eligible to take STAAR L online.
Tutorial times: Monday - Wednesday Mornings - 8:00 to 8:30
1st Period - Newcomers ELD
2nd Period - Newcomers Reading
3rd Period - ESL Enrichment
4th Period - ESL Enrichment
5th Period - ESL Enrichment
6th Period - ESL Enrichment
7th Period - ESL Enrichment
8th Period - Conference
❝If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.❞ ‒ Nelson Mandela
Phone Number: 817-547-4400