2019-20 Online Student RegistrationAugust 1-28, 2019
> Returning Student Online Registration (through Skyward)With online registration, primary family members of returning students can complete and verify required documents and eliminate the frustration of waiting in long registration lines at the school. To access online registration, you must have a Family Access login*.
If you do not know your Family Access login, you may follow one of the options:
- From June through August, please visit the BISD Administration Building (located at 6125 E. Belknap St. in Haltom City), Monday – Thursday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.;
- On or after August 1, please visit your child’s school.
Returning students must complete online registration before arriving on the first day of school. Once this is done, parents will not have to come to the school unless notified by the individual schools.Parents: Please do not share your login with your child. High school and middle school students can have their own login.
* Members of the student’s primary family only (as currently identified in the district’s student information system and on the student enrollment form on file at the school).
> New Student Enrollment Online Application for Account Request
- Parent must submit a BISD New Student Enrollment Account Request.*
(For 2019-20, this will be open from August 2, 2019 - May 2020.)
- Once a confirmation email has been received, parents must complete the New Student Online Registration.
- Once New Student Online Registration is completed, parents must take required documents listed below to their child's campus to complete the registration process.
* NOTE: To add a new student to an existing BISD Family account, sign into your Student Family Access account and select New Student Online Enrollment.
2019-20 New Student Documentation Verification**For your convenience, campuses will be open for New Student Document Verification on the following dates:New Student Document Verification will take place on your child's new campus on:
Monday, August 5
A – L: 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
M – Z: 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 6
M – Z: 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
A – L: 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
BISD strongly encourages parents to take advantage of this opportunity to complete the registration process.
(Note: We register families by last name so that parents do not have to take off multiple days of work.)
**PARENTS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO THE CAMPUS:
- Parent Identification
- Student Identification (one of the following): Birth certificate*, passport, adoption records or any other legal document that establishes identity such as Military ID, prior school records, or state ID.
- Proof of Residency: Current utility bill (water, gas, electric), lease agreement, cable bill, mortgage documentation, homeowner’s insurance policy, etc.
- Bring a copy of the most recent report card and STAAR scores to help with course selection/scheduling.
- Current immunization records
- Applicable Custody/Court Orders
* For a student who is under 11 years of age and is enrolling in your school for the first time, per the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019, certain additional requirements related to documentation of identity and age apply. Your school must notify the person enrolling the student that the person has up to 30 days from enrollment, or up to 90 days from enrollment for a child not born in the United States, to provide a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate. If the person is unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate, the person must produce, within the same time period, other acceptable proof of the child’s identity and age (see list from preceding paragraph) and a signed note explaining why the person was unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate.