Deadline for Scholarship Submission isFriday, March 20, 2020
Birdville Council of PTA's will offer one or more $500 scholarships to eligible graduating seniors from the four high schools in BISD (Birdville, Richland, Haltom and Shannon). Scholarship applications are available in the counselor's office on their high school campus.
To be eligible for consideration and receive a scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a 2017 graduating BISD high school student.
- Applicant must have attended their BISD high school for the entire senior year.
- Applicant must be a current student member of their high school’s PTSA.
- Applicant must have a GPA of at least 2.75.
- Applicant must include one letter of recommendation from a BISD High School Teacher.
- Applicant must write a short 300 to 500 word essay based on the following question: (This essay must be attached to completed application and should NOT include applicant name.)
“Understanding that the Purposes of PTA are as follows:
~ To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
~ -To raise the standards of the home life;~ To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
~ To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
~ To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
...How has the PTA and or PTSA influenced your education?”
- The scholarship will be used for the purpose of study at an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicant will not be considered for this award if known to already be receiving a full scholarship.
- Each scholarship winner must provide the committee with his/her social security number and the name and address of the university, college, or vocational school at which he/she will be studying. If this information is not provided by August 2017, the scholarship will be awarded to the next applicant on the ranked list.
- Application must be turned in to the counselor’s office by 12:00PM (noon) on Friday, March 20, 2020.