To cultivate prospective leaders within Birdville ISD who are knowledgeable and skilled to lead campuses in a collaborative culture that is focused on results and continuous improvement.
Participants – Who Should Apply?
People who have completed principal certification or those who will complete certification by May 2017.
- Know and understand the vision, mission, and goals for Birdville ISD.
- Develop a resume and portfolio that can be used as an applicant for an entry level administrative position.
- Keep a journal of all Academy sessions and leadership assignments.
- Participate in a mock interview.
- Evidence of leadership abilities demonstrated in current or previous positions
- A minimum of three successful years of teaching experience with at least one full-year in Birdville ISD
- Possess or working toward completion of a Master’s Degree with principal certification (a minimum of 12 hours in an educational administration/educational leadership program)
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Completed application with Letter of Intent
- A letter of reference from current supervisor/principal