To cultivate prospective leaders within Birdville ISD who are knowledgeable and skilled to lead campuses in a collaborative culture that is focused on results and continuous improvement.
Participants – Who Should Apply?
Teachers who have a minimum of three years of experience and completed principal certification or those who will complete certification by May 2020.
- Develop a working knowledge of the vision, mission, and goals for Birdville ISD.
- Develop a resume and portfolio that can be used as an applicant for an entry level administrative position.
- Demonstrate reflective practice by keeping a journal of all Academy sessions and leadership assignments.
- Develop a better understanding of the role of a campus administrator by completing a shadowing assignment with an identified principal.
- Develop interview skills by participating in a mock interview with a principal.
- Evidence of leadership abilities demonstrated in current or previous positions
- A minimum of three successful years of teaching experience with at least one full-year in Birdville ISD
- Possess or working toward completion of a Master’s Degree with principal certification (a minimum of 12 hours in an educational administration/educational leadership program)
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Completed application with Letter of Intent
- A letter of reference from current supervisor/principal
- AdminFit survey and score within the top Tier
Application will include:
- Completed online application found in Formspace
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of reference from principal
- Completed online AppliTrack and AdminFit survey and score within the top Tier
- AppliTrack application will be available through September 13, 2019
Complete all application steps below by September 13 @ noon
STEP 1: Complete the LEAP Application in Formspace
STEP 2: Complete the internal application and AdminFit survey in AppliTrack
AppliTrack Directions: Go to www.birdvilleschools.net → Employment tab → For Staff → Internal Application – Full-Time BISD Employees Only → Internal Applicants → select the LEAP posting in the Administration category