Technology Update 2020: BISD Launches Canvas Parent Hub
Birdville ISD uses Canvas as its Learning Management System. Canvas brings pre-K–12 classroom tools together within a centralized online learning platform.
Parent/guardian can use their personal computer or the Canvas Parent mobile app (available on the Apple and Android stores) to track upcoming assignments and class/school events, communicate with their child's teachers, and monitor grades and course progress.
Birdville’s Canvas Parent Hub includes:
- A tour of Canvas and how students will use the program to participate in their online learning;
- An overview on the role of Parent Observer which allows a parent/guardian to link to their student’s Canvas course work and assignments;
- Instructions on how students will log in to Canvas (students should try this as soon as possible);
- Information about the parent’s role as a “Learning Coach;”
- Details on how parents and students will access Tech Support; and more.
Canvas Hub for Secondary Students
BISD Launches Secondary Students Canvas Hub
BISD’s Secondary Canvas Students Hub was created specifically for BISD students in grades 6–12.
The Hub contains:
- Login Information;
- Canvas How-to Information;
- Tech Help instructions; and
- How to help parents sign up as a Parent Observer.
Click to access BISD’s Secondary Canvas Student Hub