- Participation in the Honors Reading Program is voluntary and will take place outside of the foundation curriculum.
- Students select advanced works from the BISD Honors Reading Program list each year.
- After reading each work, students will participate in a Book Talk with a member of the staff and faculty who have also read the work. The purpose of the Book Talk is to help students reflect on the major themes of the piece, invoke inquiry, and establish literary conversations around classical works in the AP literature cannon and recommended titles in the social studies and science disciplines.
- Librarians will keep records of the works that each student has read.
- Students will be recognized for participation in the program during spring awards assemblies annually.
Honors Reading Challenge Book List
Honors Reading Reflection Sheet