The Hardeman Harmony Choir
Choir is well underway! We are currently rehearsing for our Christmas Choir tour that will be Dec 18th. We will be performing at a few nursing homes in the area. I know it will brighten the day for many of our locals!
Please continue to attend practices EVERY TUESDAY after school. Pick up will be at the FRONT of the school at the glass doors. Please be patient as we want to safely dismiss all students. To make it go more smoothly PLEASE DONT FORGET YOUR DISMISSAL CARDS! Thank you to parents/guardians for carefully reading the requirements needed to participate in choir.
Choir meets every Tuesday, 3:30-4:15PM. In order to represent Grace Hardeman to the best of our abilities, the choir needs to be well prepared and well behaved at every practice and performance. The requirements for all choir members are as follows:
- Come with a positive attitude ready to sing!
- A maximum of 2 unexcused absences per semester*
- Must attend all performances*
- Must receive all E’s or S’s in behavior on report cards, and have no office referrals
- Must be passing all subjects at report card grading periods
- A maximum of 2 late pickups per semester (after 4:25PM will be counted late)
*An excused absence includes illness or family emergency. Mrs. Alexander must receive a parent note within 3 days from the missed rehearsal or performance for it to be excused.
***Classroom teachers reserve the right to remove students from choir for the purpose of tutoring or excessive absenses or tardies.***
Performances include, but not limited to:
*December 18- Choir Nursing Home Tour during the school day
* December 19- Holiday All School Sing-Along during the school day
*April 21 Time TBD - Choir Festival @ W.G. Thomas Coliseum
*May 22 8AM-3PM- NRH20 Choir Festival ($20 fee due in April)
All choir members will be asked to pay a $10 T-Shirt fee.
Songs we are currently learning...
1) Santa’s Medley
2) Various Christmas Carols
2) Give Us Hope; by Jim Papoulis
3) All the Beautiful Colors/De Colores